Friday, January 20, 2012

Motivation

So for our wedding gifts to each other Josh and I each bought ourselves something we'd been wanting.  I knew I wanted some nicer yarn than most of what I use (whatever JoAnn's sells...) but wanted a decent amount so nothing too expensive.  I got this:
29 skeins of KnitPicks yarns. :)  Bulky all the way down to fingering.  I have things planned for 3-4 of the colors already and bought them with their projects in mind.  The bulky on the left will be the Twenty-Ten Cardigan.  The green and/or brown in the middle will be the Folded pullover.  And the light blue barely visible in the middle will be Kalajoki socks.  I'm not sure about the rest, but the colors were too much to resist.  And one of the colorways was on sale because it was being discontinued, so how could I resist? ;)

I got this for Christmas from my aunt:
It's actually a bit darker than the photo shows.  I think it's going to be the Tamarind Cowl.

Anyhow, all of this is to say that I'm extremely motivated to finish things I have started already because I don't want to start more new things!  I did make a little bag out of some leftover sock yarn (and still didn't finish it, which was the goal)... But otherwise, nothing new.  So I'm working again on my crocheted blanket I started ages ago, I'm working again on the sweater for Josh that I started at least a year ago, and I have a Christmas present to finish for my in-laws (need to get more embroidery thread before I can finish though) and a birthday present for my grandmother.  I also have a baby sweater that I started for a friend but will finish for my new little niece or nephew next month.  I'm feeling so productive right now!  Granted, it should be school-productive, not crafty-productive, but what can you do? ;) :)

No comments: