Saturday, April 6, 2013

Where's the time gone?

Geez, the last post was over two months ago!  I've been busy though, so no wonder it went so fast.

I have a second job now.  I'm currently training to be a horse-drawn carriage driver at Greenfield Village at The Henry Ford.  I'm having a blast.  I was a bit apprehensive at first, I must admit; I've never worked with horses before and, though I always wanted to work at Greenfield Village, I always pictured just working at one of the homes.  But I am really enjoying it.  I'm learning so much.  Right now I'm working a lot on three-point turns because they just haven't clicked yet; it's the backing part, backing in general is still iffy for me.  I have to practice that a lot.

I've still been knitting too, of course. :)

I participated in a knit-a-long through Celtic Cast-On for the Business Casual Socks:

I also made a basic pair of socks for Josh.  The pair is done, I just never took a final photo:

I made a sweater for myself (the Cybelle Cardigan), but don't have any finished photos of that yet.  It's completely knit, but needs to block and needs the buttons sewn on.  It's really lovely though.  I can't wait till it's actually wearable. ;)

The other day I went to a local knitting/needlepoint shop and picked up a few skeins of yarns.  I immediately cast on for these Vinnland Socks in this amazing variegated green.  It's Knit One Crochet Too's Crock-O-Dye and I think it may be my new favorite yarn (lucky for me because I bought another skein of it in a green-blue-purple colorway).  Anyhoo, I'm past the heel now (so tired of short rows...) on the first sock and I'm just loving them:

I also have another pair of socks on needles that I started back in January, but I'm not really enjoying them so they've stalled.  They will be finished, but...  Blah.  I like how they look I just don't like knitting them.

So that's about it for now.  Work's been keeping me busy and when I'm not at either JoAnn or The Henry Ford I'm reading or knitting and watching tv it seems.  I'm not terribly exciting but I enjoy it. :)

Rav links: Business Casual Socks, Socks for Josh, Cardi for Me, Vinnland Socks.

No comments: